Monday, October 19, 2009
He's up.
It's been seven days since my last post. Ponyboy is awake but he looks bad. He's denying Johnny and Dally's deaths and he keeps saying that HE killed Bob. I found that out after the Soc Randy came to visit. I didn't hear they're conversation, but Darry told me. That kid Randy came over and he wanted to talk to Ponyboy. Darry went in and asked Pony if he wanted to see him and Pony said he did. So the Soc goes in and they have a good talk. Dary stays close, just in case. Then he hears Ponyboy. Or, he doesn't hear Ponyboy. All of a sudden it's really quiet. Darry goes in and hears Ponyboys shaking voice saying, "I killed him. I had a switchblade and I was scared they were going to beat me up." Then Randy saying,"No, kid, it was your friend, the one who died in the hospital..." Pony cut him off. "Johnny's not dead." His voice was shaking. "Johnny is not dead." I stuck my head in the door. "Hey, Randy. I think you'd better go now." Randy stood up and said by to Pony and he left. Darry told Ponyboy to stop smoking in bed and he'd better clean up that room in case his smoking started a fire. It's been a pretty good week. I really think Pony's getting better. I hope that trend continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment