Friday, October 2, 2009
They're Back!!
Yes! Pony and Johnny are back! But that news isn’t all good. Let me start at the beginning. I haven’t been sleeping. I was worried about Pony and well, Sandy left. I wasn’t feeling so hot when the phone rang. I ignored it. Let Darry could get it. I heard Darry’s voice from the kitchen. "Hello? He’s where? WHAT! Is he ok? What about the other guys there? What do you mean you won’t tell me! We’ll be right over." I heard the click of the phone and then, "Soda! Pony, Johnny and Dally are back! They’re in the hospital!" I jumped out of my chair. "What are we waiting for? Let’s go!" I yelled. We all ran to the car and jumped in. Darry started the car and drove crazily to the hospital. On the way there, I could barely think for happiness. I had a big stupid grin on my face. I looked at Darry. He looked sorta pained. Like he did at mom and dad’s funeral. We were at the Hospital in no time flat. We ran up to the desk and told them we were here for Ponyboy Curtis. This weird guy went in before us and said something like, "Your Brothers are here." I ran in and hugged Pony so hard he was lifted right off the ground. I put him down and looked him over. He had cut and bleached his hair. "Oh Ponyboy, your hair, your tuff, tuff, hair.." But Pony wasn’t paying attention to me. He was staring at Darry with an odd look on his face. When Darry spoke, his voice sounded rough. "Ponyboy.." Pony let go of me. He simply stood there. I wish I knew what was going through his head right then cause it sure would have been interesting. I looked at Darry and was shocked to see he was crying. Darry never cried. He had just looked the way he did now, fists in the pockets and a pleading look on his face. Darry suddenly looked down and turned away. Pony seemed to snap out of a trance and he yelled "DARRY!" and rushed up and squeezed Darry so hard I thought his eyes would pop out. Darry was stroking his hair and he whispered, "I thought we lost you, like we did Mom and Dad." I knew how he felt. We were going to stay here. I saw a news paper and picked it up. There was a picture of a burned church on the cover and a title of Young Children Saved by Group of 3 Teenagers. It dawned on me what happened, why Pony and Johnny were back. I skimmed the article for words I might be able to read. I saw Broken back and critical condition. I may have also seen 3rd Degree burns, whatever that meant. I really hope Johnny and Dally are ok. I’m going to try and get some news out of the doctor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice! Very descriptive!
ReplyDeleteYou are good at this i wish i was good at writing.
ReplyDelete